What came first, I wonder:
The pumpkin-spice latte or Starbucks?
Either way, I am grateful for both, though I find that Starbuck’s version is too sweet for even my sweet tooth. (And that’s after I tell them to cut the syrup in half!)
Since I am a homemade junkie anyway, I decided to search the Internet for pumpkin-spice latte recipes.
And, of course, I found one.
A good one!
This quick and tasty concoction comes courtesy (with a few tweaks on my part) of the Farmgirl Gourmet. Thank you, Heather, for allowing me a chance to control the sugar (AND my pocketbook!)
For one serving you will need:
*1 cup milk (whole milk or a mixture of half & half and milk is tastiest but any kind will do)
*2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
*1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
*1/4 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
*1/2 Tablespoon vanilla
*1/4 hot espresso or strong coffee
*Cinnamon whipped cream
In a saucepan, add milk, pumpkin, sugar, spice and vanilla. Stir constantly over medium-high heat until just below boiling.
Turn off heat, and whisk for 1 minute until nice and frothy.
Pour the milk mixture into a mug and slowly pour the coffee down one side of the lip to avoid mussing up your lovely froth.
Top with cinnamon whipped cream.
To make, whip 1/2 cup heavy cream with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon honey on high speed until fluffy.
Hope you enjoy this lovely start to the day and an even lovelier start to autumn!
Happy Monday, everybody!!
- 1 cup milk (any will do)
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 hot espresso or strong coffee
- In a saucepan, add milk, pumpkin, sugar, spice and vanilla. Stir constantly over medium-high heat until just below boiling.
- Turn off heat, and whisk for 1 minute until nice and frothy.
- Pour the milk mixture into a mug and slowly pour the coffee down one side of the lip. Top with whipped cream.