This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsMakeSmores #CollectiveBias #sponsored —Let’s Make S’mores Tonight
You may not know this about me, but smoke loves me. No matter where I travel around a campfire, its choking plume of smoke is sure to follow. In my opinion, the only reason to brave these outdoor flames is if there are S’MORES present! Thankfully, you don’t need a campfire to make the perfect S’more. Searching for a fun and simple dessert for your next summer party? Why not an indoor S’mores night complete with these quick and easy S’mores-on-a-stick?
Since summertime and S’mores make a royal pair, I decided to surprise Mr. Smith and his friends with dessert for their weekly poker night. (Sorry for the poker pun; I couldn’t resist.)
Want to up the ante on your S’mores game? (Oops, I did it again.) Here’s how I prepared this easier-to-eat version in under 10 minutes.
You Will Need:
-Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars (6-pack)
-Kraft’s Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
-Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares (exclusively at Walmart)
You can find all of these ingredients in one convenient spot at Walmart.
-Wooden Skewers (the thicker, the better)
-1 canister chafing fuel (if possible, purchase a can with a twist-off cap for easy reuse)
When dessert is this simple, you can choose to be as creative as you like with presentation. (Aren’t these square-shaped marshmallows genius?)
For my S’mores-on-a-stick, I chose to melt the Hershey’s milk chocolate bars into a velvety fondue. I also cut the marshmallows and graham crackers in half and laid out a S’more-gasbord of tasty toppings. 😉
- Break all 6 Hershey’s bars into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute, stir and heat for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Open fuel canister and carefully light with a match or lighter.
- Slide a marshmallow length-wise onto a skewer. To achieve a nice, golden color, twirl the marshmallow over the flame.
- Carefully dip marshmallow into chocolate. Use a spoon to smooth the chocolate evenly over the sides of the marshmallow.
- Place a graham cracker on each side of marshmallow.
- Dip S’more into your choice of toppings.
- Allow S’more to “rest” for 1 minute. This helps all the layers melt into one another instead of slide around.
Tip: To keep your Hershey fondue smooth, place the bowl of chocolate inside another bowl filled halfway with boiling water.
Now that’s what I call a good hand! (Ok, I’ll stop…even though I have more.)
I can’t wait to make S’mores-on-a-stick for an upcoming girl’s night. They’re quick, easy and sure to bring a smile.